Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Entitled

I have one more post before heading off the bed.

The other day we were having a discussion about entitlement. I mean, is it just for the young, beautiful, thin, smart, got-it-all-together women, does entitled just come naturally? I don't have most of those things going for me and I don't think I have felt I was entitled to anything. But what happened to my entitlement? How do you get it? Is it a socio-economic phenomenon or genetic failing?

Maybe I had it and lost it. Maybe I never had it. Maybe I had it and someone took it from me. And if that is the case, please, I want it back. I'm entitled to my entitlement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, love this. I totally understand your thinking. When you find your entitlement would you get mine too, please.

Ruth

Jerez Sherry said...

some folks seem to think they're entitled, probably a function of conditioning.
Not one of my functions..either, darn!