Saturday, July 09, 2005

Designing On Any Surface

Reading Surface Design magazine and ran across several interesting artist. Amy Orr explores stitching together 100-one dollars bills, gum wrappers, metal beads, commerical twist ties to create amazing pieces of art. Natasha Kerr, 'Knitting on the beach'. Marian Bijlenga Sample Dots. Kathleen Holmes sculptured dresses. Julie Arkell, Cups and Word doll with shoebag. Ke Sook Lee Studio lovely fabric art.

Printed feather rings and ‘Vanished’ - invisible thread and printed feather wrap by Anna Lewis at DAZZLE. Olive gourd necklace of polymer clay and sterling by Steve Ford and David Forlano. And other wonderful works from them and this wonderful Charcoal Urchin Pin, nice stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are just wonderful works of art. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kim for sharing your thought. I missed seeing surface design magazine. I wish I could be able to see what did you see about my work. If you would let me know which issue was it I do appreciated much.

Thank you again for sharing your kind words.
I like your blog.
I like that you like embroidery.

Warm regards,
Ke-Sook