Thursday, March 03, 2005

Chop Chop Must Have

I have many chops. And I want more. This is a personalized stamp-seal, which I actually thought of making about 10 years ago. Or I could learn to write my own name in Chinese. I really like the zhongwen.com site, it is very detailed for a very detailed language.

Some chops I made in rubber when I was doing my stamp company (or still doing?), one I had carved on a trip to Korea and one a friend carved for me.



My mom gave me a beautiful set of chops when I graduated. I had those carved with "Artist Having Fun" and with my name.



A best friend knows my love of chops had one made for me in Bhutan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they fun? I had chops made when my husband and I went to China. Sometimes, I use it to sign my graphic design projects :)

-Karen of Kraf-o-la

Erica Mulherin said...

Wow! Those are SO cool. I had never heard of a "chop" before! Yours are fabulous!

Cin said...

I love "chops" too, in the group of black and white, the top left one is especially beautiful !

Kim Carney said...

That is one I made, top left, and is my pen name -- Kiz -- Thank you